Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You're doing it wrong.

If I were trying to follow the rules of blogging, I would be failing miserably right now. Okay, I know that there are no rules to blogging, but there are plenty of tips and tricks out there to get your blog more attention. First of all, I should not have posted my previous post so early in my blog's career. It's a major no-no to post very personal and hard-hitting stuff before you have a steady readership. I've probably scared away any potential readers already. I should be writing something insightful or comedic to draw you in. Also, I've been horrible at updating, so I'm certainly not doing myself any favors there. And now, I'm going to do a cheesy New Year's Resolutions post that almost no one will care about, and certainly won't set me apart from the rest of the Internet at all, in order to drive off the remaining few readers I may have managed to keep.

Without further ado, here they are:

1. Tell my friends and family how much they mean to me more often.
2. Start up a journal again.
Write 3 things I’m thankful for every day.
Keep up with my blog again.
3. Exercise at least twice or three times a week (in addition to the two days I have swimming class).
4. Do not skip class.
5. Start homework before the night before it’s due.
            Start assignments at least as many days before their due date as the percentage of my grade that they are worth (35% of the grade = starting at least 35 days before it’s due).
6. Go to bed at a decent time and wake up at a decent time.
            Minimize naps.
7. Eat healthier.
            Keep track of what I eat.
            At least one fruit or vegetable a day.
            Drink less Mountain Dew (this is a super problem for me) and more water.
8. Work on at least one art piece or craft project every few weeks.
9. Go into work more often.
            Become a Senior Production Assistant by the end of the semester.
10. Go to confession at least once every couple weeks (hopefully every week).
11. Go to the adoration chapel more often.
12. Start and end every day with a prayer.

So, there's my twelve Resolutions for the first 12 years of the millenium. You'll notice that I've cheated, by adding addendums that could technically be considered resolutions by themselves. I do not care. It may seem pretty ambitious to work on so many resolutions at once. However, all of these are things that I've been trying to do recently, so writing them down as New Year's Resolutions just serves to further my goals. Hopefully recording them here will keep me more accountable than I might otherwise be. I'll try and record my progress and report any tips I discover along the way. Because you care about these things. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment