Sunday, January 23, 2011

On the start of a new semester and possibly some other randomness.

So, the a new semester has started up once again, and, due to a very conveniently placed "snow" day, I have only had one of each of my classes. In case you're interested, here's a breakdown of my schedule for this semester: (If you're not interested, here's a picture of a puppy for you to look at instead.)

Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory. This class may be one of my most challenging for the semester. It's one of those that the grade depends entirely upon your exams. 25% each for the two midterms, and 50% for the final. Then there's the fact that this class is supposed to depend on an awful lot more algebra than I'm used to in econ classes. We'll see how it goes.

Arthurian Legend and Literature. Another one that may be relatively difficult, considering I know almost nothing about English history. I know that someone built a wall somewhere, and that Romans may have been involved at some point, but besides that, I'm pretty clueless. It's going to be a lot of reading, which should all be really interesting; I just hope that the discussions won't leave me completely behind.

Freedom in Rome. If the first class is any indication, I'm going to absolutely love this class. Dr. Fears' teaching style is pretty off-putting to some, as he doesn't lecture, he just tells a story. But it's super fascinating stuff, and I love the way he teaches, so I can see this becoming one of my favorite classes pretty easily.

General Anthropology. Online course. Beginning level anthropology. I can't imagine this will be too difficult. I'm pretty comfortable with the online format, so as long as I can get past the difficulties that may arise from that, I should have little to worry about with this one.

Intro to Human Relations. Another online course. This one's upper division, so it may be a bit more challenging than my anthro online. I'm hoping to do more with HR courses, so this is my test run into the area. I'm hoping that it'll be something I really enjoy, so I can make this a focus of my major. *fingers crossed*

Yoga. Yes, I'm taking yoga. Yes, it's for credit. Be jealous.

So, there's my semester in less six paragraphs. This is my first semester to have more than one upper division course. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with the two online courses. If I'm able to stay organized, it shouldn't present too many more challenges than classes in the classroom would. If you know me, you know that can be a big "if." I've got my calendar all ready to keep up with the flood of due dates and exam times, my phone's to-do list is updated, and my desk is cleaner than it's been since I moved in; I think I'm off to a pretty good start.

In other news: my break was slightly hectic, with little time spent sitting around and recovering from the fall semester. The mission trip was amazing, but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment